Lifestyle & NutritiOn CoachingA marked and significant departure from conventional dietetics and healthcare
By investigating the antecedents and triggers of disease, I treats the whole person, not simply a set of symptoms. Applying the principles of functional medicine to nutrition and health, I develop Holistic Nutrition & Lifestyle Plans. I rely on scientific evidence and clinical experience to integrate my foundational nutrition education with the forward-thinking practices.
I treat each patient uniquely, providing nutrition and health guidance based on individual needs, not population recommendations. I empower you to take charge of your health and encourage you to make mindful food and lifestyle choices. Together, we forge a partnership and travel together on your journey toward optimal health and wellness.
Why not become a player in your health, rather than a spectator? Contact Laura Lagano Nutrition to make an appointment today.
Where can coaching happen?
I am happy to accommodate your needs and arrange for counseling in whatever manner is most convenient for you.
- In-person at my Nutrition in My Kitchen sessions in Hoboken, NJ
- At the serene office of a Madison Avenue physician in Manhattan
- In your home as part of my Nutrition in Your Kitchen program
- Via Skype video chat or telephone call
What happens during coaching?
Changing your eating habits is a process, so is nutrition counseling. As a seasoned clinician and nutrition educator, what do I do for you that sets me apart?
- I am responsive to your unique health needs and your personal pace. I offer realistic advice that fits into your way of living.
- I consider all aspects of your life – food habits, health status, exercise, sleep hygiene, beliefs, self-care, relationships – to develop your unique Holistic Nutrition & Lifestyle Plan.
- The plan that I create for you is progressive, taking you from where you are in a way that makes sense specifically for you. This tailored incremental method fosters success, accentuating the positive.
- I listen, learning about you or your child and how you live. I examine the challenges and barriers that you face in your journey toward health.
Some of the questions that Laura asks
- What are your health goals?
- What are your symptoms & health concerns?
- What are you eating?
- How often do you cook and dine out?
- What kind of cookware do you use?
- How do you store leftovers and for how long?
- What triggers you to eat certain foods?
- Do you take supplements?
- Has your doctor prescribed medication?
- What are your sleep habits?
- Do you have metal dental fillings?
- What’s happening in your home?
- Are you in an unhealthy relationship?
- What healing modalities have you used?